Thursday, August 5, 2010

Josie's Day

There was something sweetly surreal about looking into my rear view mirror and seeing Josie wearing a birthday hat on the top of her head. Owen looked out the window neither phased not interested in the cone shaped creature on the top of her head.

An older couple rolled down the window of their burnt orange pick-up and yelled Happy Birthday! in unison. Josie smiled and waved back.

"They said Happy Birthday mom!" she was thrilled. More thrilled than she would have been even if it was actually her birthday,

A few days ago we ran through the aisles at the local party store gathering items for Norm's 40th birthday. I was less than shocked when Josie ran to me with princess pink party hats and tossed them in the cart.

I guarantee on her own birthday, when I ask her to wear a party hat, she will have no interest. Josie does things on her own time. So I bought the hats and am enjoying the view of my birthday girl from my rear view mirror while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment