Saturday, July 10, 2010

Accident Prone

Last night Josie woke up at 3 am. I woke up at 3:01 and Norm work up at 3:01:10 when I realized that Josie had wet her bed.

I got her up, Norm took her to the bathroom to clean her up and I pulled off the sheets. There has never been and will never be another child who was more excited to be up and out of bed at 3am.

She was a real team player, helping me with the sheets, going into the drawer and pulling out new pajamas and making sure her books were piled up in the corner exactly as they were before the accident.

Tonight as bedtime I approached, she continued to ask for water, juice, even milk. Any liquid we would allow her to have. When we said no, she sat in the corner of the couch collecting saliva in her mouth. She snuck a drink from Norm's water bottle when I wasn't looking.

Clearly Josie is hoping for a repeat preformance tonight. I hoping her bladder is on my side and allows us all to sleep through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment