Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Name Change

I've decided to publish in my maiden name. It was something I had thought about and then the other day a writer/mentor mentioned it might be a good way to make me unique. "Because if someone googles Jennifer Dunne and another writer comes up, then they may go with that writer and stop looking for you," she said.

Even before I was married or even had met Norm, I always thought if I publish a book one day I want it to be by Jennifer Fogliani because my dad deserved the recognition. The man had come up with so many titles in his life, so many ideas for the next great novel, that he deserved to have a book published in his surname. So what he never finished a book he started? He was always at every one of my soccer games.

Tonight I decided to type in www.jenniferdunne.com, just to see who had the URL, in case my dad made me really mad one day, and I wanted to switch back to Dunne. The URL was already taken....by another writer....I was shocked. And relieved. My relief only grew when I looked through the list of published works, which was vast. I stopped when I got to "Sex Magic" and said a silent prayer in Thanksgiving that I had decided to buy www.jenniferfogliani.com just in case my mom ever googled my name, my married name that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment