Monday, October 4, 2010

Fancy Views

My neighbor across the alley has a big fancy chandeleir. It looks like something that should be in the lobby of a hotel instead of hanging over the kitchen table in a townhome.

I love that I know that. I love that my house is so close to another house that I can look into someone else's window and watch them cook dinner and sit beneath their fancy chandeleir to eat. When they sit around the table the colors of the chandeleir change and I imagine that they are speaking in Chinese about the annoying white lady who keeps staring at them while she does the dishes.

In my old house I would look out the window and see my children playing in the sandbox next to our swing set. It was a view most moms would would kill to have. But I am much happier looking at the neighbor's fancy chandeleir because its inspires me to think about things other than how to get Josie to stop stealing Owen's sand toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment