Monday, September 27, 2010

TThe Day

"Owen, Owen Dunne! Do no run down that slide." I yelled from a bench next to the playground.

"His name isn't Owen Owen," Josie yelled back. "Just Owen."

"Just Owen," her brother repeated as he ran down the slide.

Needless to say, a few seconds later the three of use were walking inside for a dual time out.

I am pretty confident I deal with things on a regular basis that most parents never experience. I am sure this is in part my own doing.

My mom always told me there would be repercussions to raising children with too much freedom. I like to let their imaginations run and see where their own ideas take them. "One day, its not going to be cute any more," I heard mom's voice saying to me as I dragged the two of them into the house.

My mom was right. And today was the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment