Friday, September 17, 2010

First Train Ride

Today we walked across the street and took a train to downtown Mountain View. We felt like country bumpkins in awe of the ease of public transportation and the diversity of people we saw, languages we heard and aromas coming from ethnic restaurants around every corner.

"This is unbelievable," Norm said.

I was too afraid to say I agreed because I was worried if I admitted how wonderfully unbelievable it was then I might just wake up from the dream.

On our way back to the train after dinner I saw two scantily clad women wearing combat boots and smoking cigarettes. For a moment I thought twice about our decision to move away from Morgan Hill. And then I looked down and saw Josie watching them walk away, clearly admiring their outfits. Nah, we fit in better here, I thought as we continued walking in our new reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment