Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Movie Moment

For the first time since I can remember, my life was like the movies.

I walked through the airport, unsuspecting, reading my husband's text that they were running late and that I should wait outside baggage claim.

As my excitement dropped, my brisk walk changed to a slow stroll. I lost my motivation to rush through the airport crowd. No one was waiting to greet me.

I dragged my heavy, tired feet around the corner and watched two parents jump up and down to hug their teenagers who were arriving home from a camp their parents probably couldn't wait to send them to. I guess the temporary heart ache parents feel when they are away from their children holds strong, even during the teenage years.

While I enviously watched the family reunion, I heard a bright, cheery, familiar voice screaming my name. Before I could even see her, I recognized the sound of her pink pumas sprinting through the crowd towards my direction.

I saw her big smile and crouched down just in time to catch her as she jumped into my arms. Cautious Owen was peering around her just to make sure it was really me and that there was room in my arms before he joined the group hug.

I held them both and relished in my "movie moment." It almost, almost, made spending time away from them worth the temporary heart ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment