Monday, January 21, 2013

Temple Run 2 Many

The time I had reserved for writing today was spent sitting cuddled up with Owen on the couch playing Temple Run 2.  Owen had seen his sister reach a certain point in the game where you got to ride a cart through a mine. 

"As soon as you get there mom, pause it," he said as he put his sweet head on my tense shoulder.  It really interfered with my game to have him there but I wasn't going to say a word. 

Time after time I would get close and then I would die, right before the mine.

"It's okay, mom," he said rubbing my arm.  I almost wanted to keep losing so he could keep reminding me what a sweet boy he is.  Twice I got into the mine and then died as I was handing the iPad over to Owen so he could live his "lifelong" dream and ride in the mine.

Finally, an hour after Owen's bedtime, I achieved "coolest mom ever status" and watched with pride as he cheered and rode through the mine, swerving the iPad back and forth and back and forth.  The game ended a few seconds later.  Owen batted his eyes and said, "one more time." 

Coolest-mom-ever moment quickly ended while I pulled a whining Owen up the stairs and put him in bed.  I used to think I would do anything for my sweet son.  Tonight I learned I would do anything at least once.  After that, he's on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment