Sunday, January 6, 2013

Dreaming of Monday Morning

My daughter was bouncing off the walls tonight.  "I just can't believe it, I just can't believe it," she said as she tore down the hall and into the bathroom to quickly brush her teeth before she jumped into bed.

"It's like a dream come true," she said as she pulled the covers up to her and shivered from the excitement that she just couldn't contain.

We aren't going to grandmas tomorrow, we aren't going to Disneyland, or even to Target to buy a new toy.  Tomorrow, Josie is finally going back to school after her extended Christmas vacation.  I took Josie and Owen out of school a week and a half early so we could go down to my parent's house early and experience the fun parts of the Christmas season I usually miss when I go down right before Christmas.

While we had a great time in SoCal visiting family, and while Josie still sobbed all the way to the grapevine (she has officially taking over that responsibility from me), I actually think she is more excited to see her friends tomorrow than she was the moment she walked into my mom's house and spotted the huge pile of presents beneath my mom's giant tree.

Maybe she's excited about going to school, maybe she's excited about a morning without her mom, probably a little of both.  Definitely a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment