Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Out with a....bloop?

I was hoping to end the year with a bang. To devote my last week of writing for 365 to a frenzy of emotionally packed, deliciously descriptive stories. To pour out my heart and share every story that I have ever wanted to share.

But the truth is...I am too tired. There is a reason why many businesses have started to shut down the week in between Christmas and New Year's - and its not because they want their employees to enjoy the holidays with their families. Its because people are just too damn tired after Christmas to do anything productive. And they discovered, it takes a week to recover.

Hopefully there is just a little bit in me. Another story or another moment of inspiration that is just so overwhelming that I have to pick my fingers up off the couch and march them right over the computer to type their hearts out.

Hopefully I can end this year of writing on a high note. If not, then maybe my punishment will be another year of writing. A year in which I commit myself completely, irregardless of the season, or my fatigue, or my fascination with reality TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment