Saturday, December 4, 2010

Days Ahead

I looked at the calendar and couldn't believe that in exactly 4 weeks I will have (for the most part) completed my resolution of WritingFor365. As I sat on the couch and realized my blog was coming to an end, I got surprisingly sad. And then I wondered what I was going to do without somewhere to write every day. To share my thoughts. To share funny stories. To feel somewhat, albeit virtually, connected to the loyal readers of the blog.

And then I remembered last week. When I signed Josie and Owen up for preschool next fall. MWF from 8:30-11:30, my children will be otherwise occupied. I thought I would be skipping all the way back to the car, but instead, I was surprisingly sad. What was I going to do without my partners in crime 3 to share my days with. To go to the park with. To get coffee with. To grow up with. To feel somewhat connected, albeit with toddlers, to other people on MWF mornings.

Eventually I realized what a nice break it will be. How refreshed I will feel. How ready I will be to tackle the next tantrum. How nice it will be to go to the gym, get coffee and maybe stop at a book store and browse the new fiction.

The end of WritingFor365 is sad. Josie and Owen heading off to school next year is sad. But progress is inevitable and rather than be sad, I will try to focus on the exciting adventures that are ahead...for me, the writer, and me, the mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment