Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I AM A WRITER

I am getting close to shouting it from the rooftops. This year of (almost) writing every day has made me finally face the fact that I am, and have always been, a writer.

Its not an easy thing to admit. Its not an easy thing to be. But as my husband pointed out, my eyes light up when I talk about my writing, heart starts racing when I describe the reaction someone has, good or bad, to the things that I write and I enjoy the process of editing and rewriting much more than any normal human being should.

Had I not been born into a family of five outspoken, overbearing, and uberloving siblings with parents who sent me to every camp known to man, I could have very well spent every waking moment of my life locked in my room with my nose in a book or my hands on a keyboard. And perhaps then I would have reached my full potential.

But just because I may not reach my full potential doesn't mean I can't keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment