Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween Sing!

I saw myself on video at Josie's Halloween concert. And I didn't look as good as I thought I did. Perhaps after viewing my first child's very first school performance there should have been other thoughts running through my head. But at the video's end, the only thing occupying my mind was that the pants I was wearing weren't nearly as slimming as I thought they were.

I couldn't help but wonder if all moms get momentarily caught up in their physical appearance at times. Or maybe its mom's of girls who didn't really put on a performance.

The entire video, aside from a cute smile and wave, is of the back of Josie's head. Because while everyone else sang, did hand motions and yelled BOO! at the end, Josie looked the other way. I got so excited in the end when it looked like she was actually swaying. But its probably because the girl next to her was swaying while passionately swinging and kept bumping into Josie.

While it may have crushed our dreams of Josie ever winning a Tony Award or being on American Idol, I was proud that she stayed on the stage the whole time. I got choked up when the biggest smile of all came when she finally saw Owen in the crowd. And the proudest moment by far was when Josie grabbed her brother's hand and took him around the circle for the Halloween parade. The little cheerleader and the junior giant baseball player were the hit of the parade, at least for the mom in the fat pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment