Saturday, October 30, 2010

Extreme Makeover: Fogliani Edition

My parents main purpose in coming this weekend, besides seeing their grandchildren, was a desperately needed design intervention. Its been difficult for me to find the time, brain power, or talent to transform our rental house into a rental home.

First of all, we went from a 2000 sq foot one story home to a 1400 sq foot three level home. Its almost impossible to re-purpose every piece of furniture from when you are dealing with smaller spaces and bigger kids.

But, in true Fogliani fashion, my parents are doing an amazing job. Especially since I intend to makeover the home by spending as little (of my mom's) money as humanly possible. Since my mom is adverse to dumpster diving and yard sales we've hit every Home Goods and consignment store in a 40 miles radius.

At the end of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, the crowd always chants, "MOVE THAT BUS! MOVE THAT BUS!" before the big reveal. And then the bus drives off and the newly remodeled home is revealed.

My dad, in true Ted fashion, said that upon their departure on early Monday morning, they will drive off into the sunrise and chant, "MOVE THAT MOPED. MOVE THAT MOPED" before the reveal of the huge transformation to our tiny, but beautiful, rental home.

No comments:

Post a Comment