Saturday, July 31, 2010

Years to Come

"Owen get in your seat!" I said in a hoarse whisper.

"No" he said as he ran further to the back of the car.

I leaned my head into his car seat. "Please get in your seat."

"No" he said again stretching his feet out wide and shifting his weight, ready to move in case I tried to grab him.

"Alright," I said and closed the door, walked around the front of my car and opened my door to see if he would inch closer to his seat so I could run around and grab him in time.

I could hear the giggling as I walked around the car. Owen mumbling something. Outbursts of laughter. And Owen again. I opened the door to laughter like I have never heard from Josie and Owen. I waited for Owen to repeat what they both thought was so funny.

"Owen get in your seat," he said in a shockingly similar tone and a smile from ear to ear.

I leaned my head into the drivers seat this time, mostly so they wouldn't see me laughing. But also because I didn't no what else to do. And if my 2 year old and 3 year old are sent into fits of laughter as the mock my attempts to get them safely from the park to our house, what oh what am I going to do in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment