Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tired Mama

If I had one wish, it would be for the ability to write in my sleep. Or do everything in my sleep.

I am convinced that the perky blonde at the drive-thru window at Starbucks purposely made my double tall extra foamy latte a decaf. She was irritated that I ordered the extra foam because clearly foam is not her specialty.

I felt like my dad all day. As soon as I sat anywhere for more than two minutes, my eyelids became heavy and my head would fall into my chin. Within seconds, I was fast asleep and drooling.

"Mom, mom. No sleeping." Josie said as she started to recognize the glazed look in my eyes as I sat down next to her to watch her read.

Owen even got desperate trying to repeat the joke I taught them. "Mama, Knock knock who's dere...JO MAMA!" Even though he forgot the "Jo" and "Jo-Who" part, it still makes me laugh each time. And since I can't laugh while I am sleeping, Owen kept repeating it to make sure I stayed awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment